What’s more epic than epic? Epic-Epic.
DATA POINTS:Classification: Processed Vocal…the word “Epic”
First sighting: April 1, 2012
Specimen Samples: 48kHz, 24 bit
Sample pool depth: Small Download, Epic Sound.
Format: Kontakt 4.2+
Scalar Data : This one goes to 11.
OVERVIEW:We recorded the word “Epic” with the deepest trailer voice we could, and turned it into a batch of really silly (though surprisingly still useful) patches by stretching, chopping, smearing, and processing in classic Audio Genetics Lab style. When one level of epic isn’t enough for your cinematic productions…Epic-Epic is here!
- Epic Epic – Extra Special Extended Library : The extended library features advanced Epic articulations such as “Huge”, “Boom”, and more. When your track just needs that little extra bit of punch and impact, this is what you need to tidy up all that intricate orchestration that would otherwise be heard on the downbeat.
- Evil Epic Woodland Dwarf Choir : Consume the spirits of the forgotten ancient woodland dwarf choir. This patch offers our ancient choir’s voices proudly bellowing “Epic” in all of their stout glory.
- Check My Epic Pulse : What’s more epic than the word “Epic”? How about hearing it processed and looped in 16th notes? Keep the modwheel on the low side for some moody pulsing. Crank it up to drive away.
- Epicopalypse : An Epic Boom of low end if ever there was one. If there were such a thing, this would be the Epic Casa. Since it is made entirely from the spoken word “Epic”, it can’t get much more epic than that.
- Epic Angel Song Pad Sustains MW : If celestial beings can throw lightning bolts, flood the planet, and fly, you know they sing in an EPIC choir.
- Funking Epic : Last patch…kick back…and go Epic on that funk. A little bit like a twisted up clavinet. Epic Phaser finds its home.
All patches require the full version of Kontakt 4.2 or higher. Total download = 41MB
DETAILED EXPERIMENT LOG:
April 1, 2012
For years, composers have been yearning for the biggest sounds…the hardest impacts…and power of the grandest scales.
The search for the most epic, cutting edge, and next-generation instruments have led sound designers to the farthest reaches of the globe in search of a revolution.
Audio Genetics Lab has joined the uprising.
After a year of working on private contracts for composers, we knew that to celebrate a return to public products we would need something bigger, something better, something more epic than ever heard before.
We went straight to the source.
What could be more epic than the actual word “Epic”? This collection of percussion, ambiences, and effects has been crafted from emotional, real performances of the word “Epic”, redefining the sampling world and industry in two thunderous syllables. Feel the opening bellow of the “E”, the warm percussives of “p”, the crisp highs of the “i”, and the sharp snaps of the “c” in this one-of-a-kind performance instrument. Included for a limited time is the Extra-Special Extended Library patch which includes additional articulations, such as “Huge”, “Boom”, and more.
And we didn’t stop there. These instruments really come alive when you use our custom “Haule” convolution reverb impulse response. The virtual instrument world is flooded with imitation Hall reverbs, relying on churches, large recording spaces, concert venues, and mathematical models as their “hall”. Again, we went straight to the source. This hall reverb is an actual hall, inaccessible to the public and made specially available only to Audio Genetics Lab. Only a real hall reverb can provide the subtle resonances and reflections of both closed and open doors to other rooms such as bathrooms, kitchens, and bedrooms. With Audio Genetics Lab’s “Haule”, you can walk down the path to realism, and open the doors of possibility.
Epic Epic features unprecedented advances in button technology by bringing you the ability to access revolutionary audio effects (present since Kontakt 2) that were previously only available by selecting them from a complicated “drop-down menu”. Now, you can finally get to these nearly decade-old built-in effects with our incredible array of custom UI button placements. Some of our new buttons and knobs were so revolutionary, easy-to-use, and intuitive that we have even removed them completely from view. This allows you to truly feel the music and get straight to composing without worrying about technical roadblocks like delay times, envelopes, and filter cut-offs.
The release of Epic Epic is accompanied by the simultaneous announcement of Epic Epic Pro, which will feature all new content recorded directly to analog tape using vintage microphones. These recordings truly shine in their raw, vintage glory after being processed through our digital noise reduction, filtering, compression, sample-rate conversion, and Kontakt programming.
Epic Epic Pro will also give you access to our new sample playback engine “Work”, for the working composer. Featuring all the same or fewer features of Kontakt, but with less clutter, confusion, flexibility, and compatibility. This new platform is currently in beta testing, and is guaranteed to be incredibly efficient when run on a 2.4 GHz Mac Pro with 5 gigs of RAM, running OS 10.6.7, between the hours of 7:00am – 11:45pm GMT, when the average humidity is between 10% and 65%.
- We at the lab thank you for your continuing support of important audio research. -